Part 1 -- karma chameleon
(don't say I didn't warn you about the bad 80s song puns)
A few weeks ago my wing Comfort and I were out having a beer on a Tuesday night, and around 11 he suggested we head to Noc Noc. This place is typically goth on weekends, and I just expected it to be dead on a Tuesday. Much to my surprise it was quite jumpin, with an assortment of HBs. Might have something to do with the fact that Tuesday is 80s night. Ha! Well, my state was pretty bad that night (back when I still had a job), but we decided to head back regularly and sarge there. Last night we made our return.
We started out at Karma, which was empty except for a HB9 at the bar chatting to the bartender. Comfort immediately opens them (the man is an opening machine lately), then two girls he knows in the back call him over and I inherit the set. My game is still getting back up to speed, now that I've entered a 'mini-retirement' -- did I mention I got my ass fired two weeks ago?? More on that in a future post...but suffice it to say life is good and getting better post-corporate-drudgery -- I digress...my game is still getting back up to speed, so I just made "small talk" with her about travel and whatnot. The bartender knew her pretty well so I was just being sociable. Fifteen minutes in, she asks if she can buy me a drink (!). Wow...I did not see that coming, of course I obliged. However, my excitement was dashed a few minutes later when I found out she is a rep for a liquor company and her job is basically to go around town establishing rapport with bars and promoting her brand.
A couple enters the bar and sits between me and HBVodka , and Comfort calls me over to his table where he's sitting with two girls, one he's been day-2ing (HB-VIP) and her friend (HB-E). I like her friend, met her before...she's a trendy club girl with a definite attitude but not quite rude. I wouldn't say she's giving me IOIs but we were making alot of eye contact and I was intentionally holding it a long time. Then her friend starts giving me shit:
HB-VIP: (to me) Hey, you act very feminine.
Mack: Really?
We get on a different topic but she comes back a few minutes later...
HB-VIP: Wow, I can't believe how feminine you are.
Mack: That's funny, my last girlfriend thought I was gay. I think I might be gay in the Tom Cruise way.
This was my lame attempt at a DQ. If I let it go before the Tom Cruise line it probably would have worked better. Comfort said the rest was a bit try-hard, and he's right. I understand the DQ concept, but need to get into the habit of using it often and effectively. However, it didn't really bother me what she said...I honestly don't give a crap these days...a big change from two years ago.
The two chicks left, we said goodbye to HBVodka, and headed south down 2nd Avenue toward NocNoc.
Part 2 coming soon...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is what Dan usually says:
HB-VIP: Wow, I can't believe how feminine you are.
Mack: That's funny, my last girlfriend thought I was gay until I fucked her and broke the coffee table but that's a different story.
I would say some thing like that, DQ and return her the favor:
HB-VIP: Wow, I can't believe how feminine you are.
Mack: I know. I can't help it. You should see me on Fridays. I turn gay then and if you hang out with me, I'll turn you gay too. You'll grow a bigger mustache :)
Post a Comment