Sunday, March 9, 2008

High Times at the LoFi

Part I – Getting in State

FR for Sat 3/8/08

Finally I have some shit to write about!

But before I get into that, I want to thank the guys who have been posting comments on my last entry which was...um, December!? Shit...winter in Seattle, I musta been hibernating . Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts!

My wing “Hammerhead” and I hit Club LoFi both Friday and Saturday. The first night, I only did one approach, some hippie/artsy girl in a coffeeshop before we headed to the club. Last night I did 10 or more approaches…I lost track. The difference? Last night I managed to get really in state, and stay there for most of the night.

Getting in state has been a real issue for me lately. I know this is a problem many guys have so I’ll write a few sentences about what I did yesterday, and hopefully you’ll find it useful if this is an issue you deal with regularly.

The formula that worked for me Saturday was basically this:
listening to TD lectures
+ double-shot espresso
+ 1 hour of salsa dancing
I spent most of my afternoon at Uptown Espresso, listening to a Tyler Durden lecture (“Transformations”) on my iPod (This is also where the coffee comes into play, obviously). RSD is really growing on me, for reasons I’ll talk about in a future post. What I listened to yesterday was a guy named Ozzie talking about “closing”, and how you should be pushing the envelope and escalating kino and basically be trying to kiss-close every set, especially if you are in a club environment.

I head home about 6pm and start watching a TD lecture…every sentence out of his mouth is inspiring and is chock-full of insights. I’m really excited about going out tonight, which usually is not the case. What I mean by that is sometimes “sarging” feels like work, whereas today it felt more like it should…fun and an adventure.

I went to Century Ballroom for an hour to do some salsa dancing. Salsa, also a topic worthy of its own post or two, is becoming a big part of my life. I’m trying to dance at least 3 times per week. And my last great night out, back in December when I managed 2 kiss-closes, I attribute to the fact that I started the evening by dancing some salsa, which got me into a really fun and social mood.

Part II, the actually FR, coming soon...I gotta get some lunch.

Mackie (aka, SV)

No comments: