Monday, December 17, 2007

Part 2 – Kiss Closing Time

To finish up my post about Saturday Night at the “fire” party…I left off at the point I #-closed HB-retroSAS. The fire had been put out, and the party was getting moving again. I thought Gee had split when he magically appeared out of nowhere. Our crew was again intact and we got back to business.

The J-Girl that Got Away

While #-closing HB-retroSAS, I noticed an adorable Asian girl standing near me. I **love** Asian girls, although recently I’m losing some interest because FOBS (Fresh off the boaters) are just too much damn work! I open her, and turns out she is Japanese (HBJapSkirt), so I say some things in Japanese. I then proceed to be a bit rude to her, telling her I’ll find her later as I’m busy right now. This probably wasn’t the smartest move on my part, but I was paranoid, unnecessarily so, that sarging two girls at once would ruin my chances with both. I know this to be untrue, yet when certain beliefs have been with you most of your life it’s hard to ignore them in the heat of the moment.

I find HBJapSkirt a few minutes later but she is not interested in talking to me. I probably came off as a bit too needy. Half an hour later, Comfort sees her and brings her over to me…I do better by DQ-ing, saying something like “Oh, this girl hates me…we don’t get along”. She laughed but didn’t hang around very long. She was very cute, HB8. I’d lost her though, and it was time to move on.

The night begins to get a bit blurry at this point, post 2am, a few more beers imbibed. I’m on the dance floor talking with HBPolish (HB7), running pretty much Juggler stuff. I scored points with asking her, 5 minutes in…”I like you, are you single.” She said something like “I’m not involved with anyone right now”, which I took as an encouraging response. Her friend was hovering about and interrupting our conversation, so I just played it cool and talked to some other girls. I was doing a lot of kino with HBPolish though, gradually escalating, putting my arm around her for example. Eventually I got bored and told her I’d find her later.

THANK YOU FOR THE MISTLETOE, Mr. AFC!

I was still looking for the HBJapSkirt…what can I say, I love Japanese girls and when they are wearing miniskirts I get really excited! In the kitchen, I start talking with a cute white girl, another HB7, let’s call her HBArtsy because she definitely had the creative thing going on. We were vibing quite well, and at some point I said something really eloquent…a very rare event…I expressed something about her art in **exactly** the way Juggler says you should, very vividly and descriptively. She looked at me intensely for a moment and then commented on the way I said it -- we had a bit of a moment looking at each other. It was a very memorable interaction, as though we suddenly felt alot closer to each other.

A few minutes later a guy comes by with some mistletoe and hangs it over the head of HBArtsy. I saw him doing this to girls earlier in the night, apparently this is the best he could come up with. She finally notices and he says “You have to kiss someone now.” She looks back at me and says “OK”, then walks up to me and plants one on my lips! No tongue unfortunately…but we were standing in a well-lit kitchen with plenty of people around. Still, NICE! It was great. The AFC dude eventually did get a sympathy kiss…otherwise it would have been really really sad.

HBArtsy and I really hit it off, but I did not #-close her!! I am having good moments but they are inconsistent, and I started to play her too cautiously, thinking she’ll be around later and I could close her then. No No No…mistake! Strike when you have the chance! The 3-second rule is gold, and a good corollary is to close when you can, take advantage of every opportunity.

Real Dance Floor *-close, but could have been more?

It was getting close to 3am and my energy reserves were running low. My brief nap before dinner was not enough to cover my intense workout earlier that day. I decided to find HBPolish, get her #, and split.

I find her on the dance floor, tell her I’m heading home, and something like "I like you and want your number." She is hesitating. I do some kino, and then suddenly, as if some magnetic field sprang up between us, we just move toward each other and start kissing. (Yes, this time there was tongue!) At this risk of sounding sappy, I will say it was quite romantic. I pulled back for a few seconds, then re-initiated to test whether it was a fluke or for real…she reciprocated so it was the real deal. We continued this mini-makeout for about a minute, and yet she was still hesitant to give me her number. WTF??! Chicks are bizarre. I did get it eventually, and left with Comfort. My second big mistake of the night? I probably could have pulled this girl home. It would not have been easy but I was well down that path with her. Doh!

Thus ended one of the best parties I have ever attended in Seattle. Well, it ended for me, I think the party went on pretty much all night. Seattle needs more of these kind of parties. You don’t really need much game, pretty much just go, drink, dance, mingle, have fun and things will fall into place.

Score for the night: *-close:2, #-close:3 (should have been 4). My best night sarging to date.

SV

No comments: