Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Update: Work, Hip-Hop Dancing, Zan

I realized it’s been about two weeks since my last post. A new contract job I started last week has eaten up a lot of my time, so I’m trying to wake up early and get a lot of stuff done before heading to work up in Bothell. BTW, the one advantage of a long car commute is that it actually frees up time to listen to CDs I’ve had lying around for a year, including a ton of David D interviews…but more on that later.

Game Status

I’m in the process of jump-starting my game once again. Basically, I just want to open, talk to strangers, male or female, and get my AA under control. Two weeks ago in Vancouver, I opened a tons of sets. Then I came back to Seattle and lost all the momentum. I hit Belltown last weekend both Friday and Saturday and opened some sets, none of them went stellar it helped my state, and I regained some momentum. Unfortunately I was also drinking which probably didn’t help matters. Sunday I did a half-dozen day-game sets, again nothing with great results. I know from experience though that’s how it goes in the beginning. Yesterday I opened a girl in this hip-hop dance class I’m taking (yes, you read that correctly…more on that later), then chatted up a Korean hired-gun at a local sushi place. I think this last girl hooked, and I probably could have #-closed her pretty solidly. I didn’t realize this until I left however, and in the midst of the sarge I couldn’t really navigate my way to a solid close. But, it was my best interaction via a (relatively) cold approach in a while, and she was pretty cute (the miniskirt didn’t hurt either).

Where are the Girls?? Taking Hip-Hop Dance Lessons!

So I’ve been taking this hip-hop dance class…on one level, it’s kind of ridiculous: I’m late 30s, and a guy, and here I am in this class with 2 other guys (early 20s I assume) and about 20 girls. Yes, you read that correctly, there is about a 10-to-1 girl to guy ratio in this class. Most of the girls are under 25. Holy leotard Batman! Basically, I enrolled for a couple reasons…one was to push my comfort zone (check), another was to actually learn some dance moves for when I’m at a club and doing dance-floor game (jury is out on this one) or if I actually end up fronting a band someday (a dream of mine), I figured it’d come in handy on-stage. Last night was class 3, and on the way out I talked to one of the girls. She “hooked” and we talked about dancing and salsa for a while, but I didn’t take the interaction as far as I could have (this is a SP…need to really push this to improve).

Anyone interested in taking a hip-hop class? Contact me…it’d be more fun with another community guy…we may look ridiculous, but HEY, we're talking a ratio of 10-to-1 girls to guys…kind of like a parallel-universe version of Amber!

Zan

Yesterday I was listening to the David D interview with Zan. I was quite impressed. His "game", at least the portion I gleaned from the interview, is mostly "inner game", i.e. focusing on the confidence plus that "je ne sais pas" factor that makes some guys truly great with women, but he gives some good examples and ideas for a mindset that will help you when interacting with an attractive high-value woman. I didn't know much about Zan before, but I have alot of respect for him. The conference he is holding in Vancouver this weekend should be pretty good.

No comments: